A regular part of the spring season is the arrival of software hotfixes. Following the thunderous arrival of major releases, there is always the slightly quieter appearance of fixes to bugs found late in the development process. We are happy to announce 2 very different hotfix releases, each with a big impact on the Dynamo community.
While this bug fix release has a number of cures for Revit 2019 ailments, there is one that seriously impacts both Dynamo 1.x and 2.x behavior. As we reported earlier, Revit 2019.0 has keyboard shortcut conflicts with all Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plugins, a UI framework that is used by all versions of Dynamo. As a result, some keyboard shortcuts do not work in any version of Dynamo running in Revit 2019. These include Delete, Ctrl+Z, Ctrl+C, Esc, etc. Happily, this issue is resolved in the Revit 2019.0.1 Hotfix.
Please install the hotfix from the Autodesk Desktop App, or however your office chooses to distribute it.**
Over the past few weeks, we have been gathering your feedback on Dynamo 2.0 from Github, the forum, and other channels. As a result, we are releasing the Dynamo 2.0.1 Hotfix to address critical issues that the community has found with the latest stable build of Dynamo. Thanks to everyone in the community who tested and gave us feedback! We greatly appreciate your effort in helping us make Dynamo better.
Dynamo 2.0.1 has the following fixes:
- Search works when special characters are used
- Library communicates with browser when other Windows services are running
- Comments for Input nodes in custom nodes are now saved to JSON
- View blocks in custom nodes are serialized after editing and saving custom node properties
- PolyCurve.ByJoinedCurves continues to work in 2.0. This node has also been updated with a new tolerance parameter.
- File Path node is now compatible with Dynamo Player inputs.
Please feel free to download the latest stable version of Dynamo from dynamobuilds.com.
** Please note that installing the Revit 2019.0.1 Hotfix will not install the Dynamo 2.0.1 Hotfix and vice versa. As mentioned, these releases are separate and should be installed individually **