Last May, the Dynamo team posted an open call for users in the community to submit proposals to present their work at our annual party at Autodesk University. The presentations will be “lightning round” style – each speaker will have twenty slides, and twenty seconds per slide, to tell a story about how they’ve used Dynamo or Project Refinery in their work. Now that we’re less than a month away, it’s time to announce the selected speakers!
Final list of presenters by category:
Sean Fruin – Dynamo Algorithms for MEP
Mike Engel – A Path from Sketching to Computation
John Pierson – The Importance of Memes and GIFs in Dynamo. AKA Having Fun While Leveraging Computation and Helping Others
Caoimhe Loftus – Binoculars – Hacking Dynamo for Analytics
Kashif Dafedar with Caoimhe Loftus – CallisonRTKL Scriptathon – Hacking Dynamo & Company Culture
Generative Design with Refinery:
Jacqueline Rohrmann – How to use Refinery for Project Development
Dominique Aupy – Generative Design for Hospital Pharmacy: Optimizing Spaces and Flows with Dynamo and Refinery
About the event:
Doors will open at 8 PM for guests that pre-registered for the event through the AU course portal. After 8:30 PM, anyone with an Autodesk University pass will be able to enter until capacity is reached. Space will be limited, so make sure to show up early if you did not pre-register. We’ll have a buffet with Mexican food open until 10 PM, and an open bar with beer and wine until 11 PM. After the presentations conclude, we’ll have a DJ and dancing for the rest of the night. Come hang out with the Dynamo community and show your support for the presenters!
- Date: November 20th, 2019
- Time: 8 to 11 PM. Presentations will be from 8:45 to 9:45 PM.
- Location: Balcony level of Señor Frogs on Las Vegas Boulevard.
- Directions from AU: Señor Frogs is located at the base of the Treasure Island hotel directly across the street from the Palazzo. Guests will be directed to the second level of the venue upon arrival. The venue is a five minute walk from the Venetian and the Palazzo.
- Guests will be required to present their Autodesk University badge to enter.
After the event:
If you’re unable to join us at the party and would like to watch the presentations afterwards, we will be recording all of the presentations and posting them online after AU.
Thank you to everyone who submitted an application to present their work. See you in Vegas!