As you may know, we recently released both Dynamo Core 2.0 and Dynamo Core 1.3.3 with Revit 2019. But, as with anything new, progress has its tradeoffs. In order to continue improving and working towards supporting more capabilities that could potentially make your work more efficient and optimized, we had to make the hard decision of letting something go. As a result, Dynamo 1.3.3 is only supported in Revit 2017, 2018, and 2019. For more details on Dynamo and Revit version compatibility, please see the Primer. Due to semantic versioning and our team’s commitment to focusing on the future, only 3 versions of Revit are supported with each Dynamo build. Please note that it is not possible to have 1.3.2 and 1.3.3 installed side-by-side on a single machine.
With that being said, we understand that a lot of you still have projects in Revit 2016 and that installing Revit 2019 on your machine has complicated that. When Revit 2019 gets installed with Dynamo Core 1.3.3, the installer automatically deletes any existing 1.x version of Dynamo Core. Therefore, if you install the latest stable Revit 2019 build on a machine that has Revit 2016, you will NOT have Dynamo in Revit 2016 anymore.
In order to have Dynamo in Revit 2016, Revit 2017, Revit 2018, and Revit 2019, we recommend the installation steps below which will result in:
- Dynamo Core 1.3.2 in Revit 2016
- Dynamo Core 2.0.0 in Revit 2019
- The option of having Dynamo Core 1.3.2 or 2.0.0 in Revit 2017 and/or Revit 2018
Installation Steps after installing Revit 2019:
- Uninstall any and all versions of Dynamo Core and Dynamo Revit greater than or equal to 1.3.0 from the
Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features
- Open regedit (type in regedit in windows taskbar or command line)
- Optional: Make a backup of your registry. In regedit, go to
File > Export...
- From regedit, delete the following keys if they exist:
- Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dynamo Revit 1.3
- Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dynamo Core 1.3
- Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dynamo Core 2.0
- Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Dynamo Revit 2.0
- Download and install the latest stable Dynamo Core 1.3.2 build from dynamobuilds.com
- Download and install the latest stable Dynamo Core 2.0 build from dynamobuilds.com
We are working on fixing this issue with installer which should be fixed in a future minor version.